Monday, May 10, 2010

GETTING READY FOR AN EXTENDED VISIT

26 days remain before I leave for a 10 week adventure in Elmina. I will be staying on my own, not the hotel. I will be living in a newly built small house that has both running water and a kitchen inside. I feel very lucky!

While I am in Elmina, I will be working on improving literacy starting with a library at the Bantuma School. I also hope there will be volunteers that will do activities after school with the children that will enhance literacy.

I have been looking for books I think children who have never really just read a book might like to read. Really quite a tiring task. So many books that are sent are just not right. I left most of my clothes and stuff in Elmina so I should be able to take 100 lbs of books and supplies!

No comments: